Do you struggle to keep your lips soft and radiant at home? No worries. Now, you can make your lip gloss at home and maintain the softness of your lips easily. What’s more, you can also customize its shade flavor smell.
Moreover, this DIY helps you to use natural and nourishing elements to hydrate your lips. So, you don’t have to waste your money on using expensive branded lip gloss. This article will help you in exploring the best methods and ingredients to personalize your lip gloss at home.
Top 3 Creative Methods for Making Your Lip Gloss
Whether you want to make a shimmery gloss or a tinted gloss, you can be very creative with it. All you need is a few ingredients utensils custom lip gloss boxes, and the right procedure. Then you are good for customizing your lip gloss. Let’s use these 3 artistic ways to create a lip balm or gloss at home:
Basic or Shimmery Lip Gloss
A basic lip gloss has no tint or color. It just gives you a shimmery or glowing effect on your lips. Here are the ingredients that you will need to make this product:
- Coconut Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Beeswax Pellets (1 tablespoon)
- Essential Oil of peppermint oil or lavender oil, etc (few drops)
- Edible Cosmetic-Grade Shimmer – Optional (a pinch)
Now let’s move towards the procedure
- In a microwave safe container mix coconut oil and beeswax pellets. Gently melt the mixture in the microwave in short bursts of heat.
- Once melted remove it from the heat, and let the mixture cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Add a few drops of your preferred essential oil like lavender oil to add scent and flavor.
- Let it solidify and cool for 2 to 3 hours. Once it is cool, add a pinch of shimmer to it if you want a sparkle in gloss.
- Put the mixture in an empty lip gloss container with the help of a dropper. Use a custom lip gloss box to keep it safe from heat and into your reach.
Tinted Lip Gloss
A tinted lip gloss leaves a shade or color on your lips besides just making them radiant. You can add a tint of your choice and get the color you want. To make pink or any other colored gloss use the following ingredients:
- Shea Butter (1 teaspoon)
- Coconut Oil (1 teaspoon)
- Sweet Almond Oil (1 teaspoon)
- Paraffin (½ teaspoon)
- Lip safe Mica Powder of any color or Natural Beetroot Powder (a small amount)
- Essential Oil – Optional (few drops)
Let’s begin making your DIY vibrant gloss:
- In a double boiler combine shea butter, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and paraffin in the above-mentioned quantities.
- Gently heat and stir the compounds until all of them are melted and mixed thoroughly.
- Remove the boiler from the heat source and let it cool.
- If you want to use mica powder (of any color) add a pinch of it in the melted solution. Otherwise, add beetroot powder in a small amount and adjust it until you add the desired color.
- Add a few drops of jojoba oil for the scent and flavor in the gloss.
- Put the mixture in the lip gloss container and let it cool for some hours.
Fruity Lip Gloss
A fruity lip gloss is a naturally tinted and flavored gloss made from the extracts of fruits. It not only gives you a lustrous glow on your lips but also imparts a yummy taste and aroma. Here are the ingredients for creating a fruity lip gloss:
- Almond Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Cocoa butter (1 teaspoon)
- Fruit Extract or Fruit Essential Flavored Oil (a few drops)
- Lip safe cosmetic pigment – Optional (a small amount)
The following are the steps to create this gloss or balm:
- In a small mixing container combine almond oil and cocoa butter in the mentioned amount.
- Melt the cocoa butter and keep stirring the solution with a clean toothpick until the butter is melted.
- Once done, let the solution cool slightly.
- Add a few drops of your chosen fruit extract or fruit flavored oil (e.g., strawberry, mango, peach, etc.).
- To get a tinted fruity lip gloss add mica powder. Adjust its amount according to the shade you want.
- Stir the mixture evenly. Now by using a funnel, pour the gloss into a clean and empty container.
- Let the mixture solidify. Keep it in a cool and dry place. For this purpose you can purchase custom lip gloss boxes from a lip gloss packaging shop.
Creating lip gloss at home is an easy and fun process. It allows you to prefer your style, creativity, shade, etc. From a shimmery gloss to a fruity lip balm, you can create anything with the ingredients you have at home. Transform the simple ingredients into a beauty statement and open a world of beauty at home.