A mission statement is a brief statement that describes the purpose of your business. It should be clear, concise, and inspiring. When written effectively, a mission statement can help to guide your business decisions, motivate your employees, and connect with your customers on a deeper level.
Here are some tips on how to write a mission statement that inspires:
- Start by brainstorming your core values. What are the principles that guide your business? What do you believe in? Once you have a clear understanding of your core values, you can start to develop your mission statement.
- Consider your target market. Who are you trying to reach with your business? What are their needs and wants? Your mission statement should be relevant to your target market and speak to their concerns.
- Keep it short and sweet. Your mission statement should be no more than a few sentences long. If it’s too long, people won’t remember it.
- Be specific. Don’t just say that you want to “make a difference in the world.” What kind of difference do you want to make? How will you make it?
- Be aspirational. Your mission statement should be something that inspires you and your team. It should give you a sense of purpose and direction.
Here are some examples of mission statements that inspire:
- Apple: “To create the best products and services for our customers that enrich their lives.”
- Google: “To organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.”
- The Walt Disney Company: “To entertain, inform, and inspire people around the world through the power of unparalleled storytelling.”
These are just a few examples, but they all share some common characteristics. They are clear, concise, inspiring, and aspirational. They also speak to the core values of the businesses that they represent.
If you’re looking to write a mission statement that inspires, keep these tips in mind. Brainstorm your core values, consider your target market, keep it short and sweet, be specific, and be aspirational. With a little effort, you can create a mission statement that will guide your business to success.